EDGE Zones™ identify Aggression over single or multiple price levels. You can fine-tune how aggressive traders are identified by the indicator. Examples of what you can achieve through changing the indicator settings are highlighting price levels where:
- there was at least 6x more buying than selling (or vice-versa) across 3 adjacent prices
- a ‘massive imbalance’ of more than 10,000 contracts were bought or sold
- there was 25x more buying than selling (or vice-versa) at a given price level
- the net difference between buying and selling was at least 450 contracts
Please refer to the Pullback Analysis section (Sierra Chart only) to learn how EDGE Zones™ can be used for powerful trigger signals that are independent of your chart type and period.
Indicator Settings & Outputs Reference
The imbalance settings are used to control how Aggressive trading is identified. Read this section: Imbalance Settings for a full explanation of each setting:
• Minimum Diagonal Bid/Ask Imbalance %
• Compare Zero Diagonal Bid/Ask Imbalances?
• Miniumum Volume
• Minimum Bid/Ask Delta
Enter the least number of consecutive price levels required to trigger an EDGE Zones™ Supply/Demand Event. Aggressive trading over multiple adjacent levels is also referred to as a Stacked Imbalance.
Select whether the indicator is to be used to analyse pullback order flow. Please refer to the Pullback Analysis section for a detailed explanation of this mode.
The number of ticks away from the bar high/low that the Supply/Demand indicator Output Signals are drawn.
EDGE Zones™ is a trademark of the EDGE Trading Group™