EDGE Zones™ identify Aggression over single or multiple price levels. You can fine-tune how aggressive traders are identified by the indicator. Examples of what you can achieve through changing the indicator settings are highlighting price levels where:
- there was at least 6x more buying than selling (or vice-versa) across 3 adjacent prices
- a ‘massive imbalance’ of more than 10,000 contracts were bought or sold
- there was 25x more buying than selling (or vice-versa) at a given price level
- the net difference between buying and selling was at least 450 contracts
Please refer to the Pullback Analysis section (Sierra Chart only) to learn how EDGE Zones™ can be used for powerful trigger signals that are independent of your chart type and period.
Indicator Settings & Outputs Reference
Select whether EDGE Zones is to analyse the volume in the main chart bars or in a specified Volume Profile study.
Selected Volume Profile Study
Select the Volume Profile Study on the chart to which Volume Profile Analysis should apply.
Learn more about emoji Volume Profile Analysis.
The imbalance settings are used to control how Aggressive trading is identified. Read this section: Imbalance Settings for a full explanation of each setting:
• Minimum Diagonal Bid/Ask Imbalance %
• Compare Zero Diagonal Bid/Ask Imbalances?
• Miniumum Volume
• Minimum Bid/Ask Delta
Enter the least number of consecutive price levels required to trigger an EDGE Zones™ Supply/Demand Event. Aggressive trading over multiple adjacent levels is also referred to as a Stacked Imbalance.
Select whether the indicator is to be used to analyse pullback order flow. Please refer to the Pullback Analysis section for a detailed explanation of this mode.
The number of ticks away from the bar high/low that the Supply/Demand indicator Output Signals are drawn.
EDGE Zones™ is a trademark of the EDGE Trading Group™